Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Stand up! My friend.

Yesterday, i received a call from my dear friend while i was working. She sound very sad and depress. She uttered out hardly the few words, ' friend, i failed...'. A long silent between us through the phone. I could heard her sigh and breathing. As a friend, i needed to think properly before i send out my message correctly to her. I did not want to hurt her because of my wrong speech. It took me few minutes to ask her, ' You failed the exam?'. I tried to reconfirm with her to make sure i get the right message. "ya, i failed. Can you tell me, what should i do now? What can i do now?'. Her voice filled with sadness. I paused quite long to think about her question.

These was a very hard situation for my friend. She tried so hard and study for the exam. The " passing" of the exam give her the route to her future destination. She became aimless and hopeless after all this hardworking turned out to be nothing for her. These was how far i can understand her feeling. The worst thing that hurt her so much and deep- other people that she think they were not qualified enough to pass the exam- they passed. It was totally unfair regarding to her .

I felt so sorry to her for what had happening to her. As a friend, i tried my best to calm her down. However, i could not answer her the question,' What can she do now?'

After i had been through my primary school, secondary school, Form 6 until unversity. I had been sit for so many exam throughout my life. The total of exam countless. There were few major exam in my life that i had use a lot of effort to score it and to use it to achieve my target.

I was a very simple person, i will set an ambition and study hard. If i get fantastic score, i will go higher education to reach my target. If i manage to pass my exam without any outstanding grade. I will purchase my dream in a different way. So, i won't be so disappointed anyway. I still could remember when i sat for Form 5 exam final exam( SPM). When the result came out, i didn't score with flying color. I was happy with my "passed" exam but felt sad with the Chinese subject which was my favorite subject turned out to be grade "C". I expected to be better grade. Never mind, it was just a test. The result cannot decide my success in future. Even though the result has some effect in my future. As long as i passed my exam and i could continue my study in college or Form 6. However, there was an incident happen while i took my result slip that day. There was a girl shouting and crying in front of the assembly hall. I thought she scored badly in her exam. Then only i found out she not satisfied with her result because she didn't managed to score all 10 subjects grade" A" in her exam. She only scored 9 "A". Is she a perfectionist? I wondered during that time. There were some of my friend went home with sad and sour face. I knew by heart most probably they didn't manage to pass the exam.


Of cause, some of them still felt disagree and unfair with the result. The most unfair part-the person who did not qualified enough had passed the exam or gained acknowledgment. All this kind of fair or unfairness things always happen at our surrounding. Actually, we do not need to be angry or sad with those unfair issues. Everything happen in our life is a combination of many factors. Some of the factor will bring you a big effects or small effects, we will never know. The exam paper mark by the examiner. We lose marks may be due to our writing, we didn't get to the point or didn't go straight to the point, didn't write enough point to according to the total marks given and etc... There are a lot of factors from our own selves or may be the examiners. We will never know. So, why we have to upset with all the unfairness when we don't know what is the reason of the unfairness? Why don't we use our time efficiently to find out our strength and weaknesses in the study and strive again. We will not lose anything if we resit the exam, we will only need extra year to reach our target. It doesn't mean we won't achieve our ambition. We just take longer time compare to other people. Why upset about that? No one ask us to compare. There is no rules said we must finish in certain time than only can archive and success.

Just like the story of the turtle and the rabbit. No matter you are the fastest or the slowest you will reach the final destination also. We also will success if we are the turtle. No one can stop you for purchasing your dream. We are the only one who stop ourselves to look forward. If we allow people to influence our life, it is mean that we are control by other. It doesn't mean that we don't listen to other people advices and opinions. We must appreciate them by listen with wisdom. We have to digest first which advice and opinion is suitable and usable. Then we only apply it in our life. We are the one who walk the path, the people surrounding us - they are just passed by. They won't follow us or accompany us to the end of our life.

So, stand up my friend. All my friends stand up, raise up your spirit now. Don't let the failure or challenge in your life stop you to go forward. Face the challenges and walk through it. We will learn some lesson whatever challenges in the life. We can do it as long as we have faith and confidence in ourselves. Stand up! my friend.


" Do not resent the heavens for one's fate,
do not blame our problems on other.
realize the negative cause lies within by us,
can only be changed by us,
resolved by us with understanding, diligence, love. "



" So often, we forget to be thankful.
but while we all have problems,
experience difficult relationships,
fail in our undertakings,
there are many things in our live to be thankful for.
all we have to do is to slow down, take note, value them and be thankful."




No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter