Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Alarm Call ( Part 1)


The " alarm call" that i try to say here - is not the usual alarm that wake us up in the morning, is the phone call that alarmed me recently.

The part of my job nature is to answer phone call. The maximum calls i receive a day can reach more than 20 calls. It mean that i have increase the chances of talk to stranger blindly through the phone everday. Before i start to work , all the phone call i receive 90% are the person that i know. Of cause, all kind of languages, tone, pitch etc we use while we chatting with our friends is totally different with when you working and talk to your client. Definitely we have to speak softly, politely and answerable. Customer is always the right one. ( Familiar right?)


I really have a big problem dealing with phone call. No experiences at all.


" Hi, XXXX company, I'm XXXXX( customer service), May i help you?"


"Who is on the line?"


" XXXX is not available now, would you like to leave a message for him?"


Honestly, i never use this kind of sentences when i talk to my family and friends. It is kind of challege to pick it up in the beginning. Slowly slowly, I kind of master it. Mm... not all, just few lines that i mention before.

But, how about some "nervous" client call in? ( Franckly i would like to address them as "nasty", however, look in the good side, they might be in the rush or is their inborn character.) . Truthly speaking, it really make me tense and nervous with such a "nervous" client.

This is what happen to me last few weeks,
  • phone ringing," tutu.. tutu..."

  • " Morning, XXXX company. May i help you?" ( Me)
  • " Yes, may i know your company ADDRESS? ( speak with high pitch and nervours tone)
  • So, I told the client our company ADDRESS?

  • " What are you talking about, i want your ADRESS, LIKE KUALA LUMPUR OR KLANG?" (the client started to shout at me in the phone, i can't get what the client want, do you get it?)

  • " Yes We are in XXXX, Near XXXX. " ( Yes , Bingo, Finally i get the answer that the client want)
  • " Finally you said something i want. You should said it in the beginning near XXXX. So, tell me how should i go if i from XXXX?" ( the client get frustrated very fast, and seriously that i am not good in road direction because i seldom drive and i can't remember the road names.)

  • " Sorry, can i pass you to my collegue to direct you?"

After i passed the phone to my collegue, the client told my collegue," you should teach your staff how to talk? How can she doesn't know how to talk and doesn't know the location she works now. " . My collegue was nice and told her," she is a new staff here. " The whole conversation, the client refused to tell his/her name.


Oh, it really knock my head. Quite alarming right? I really felt like i am " stupid". The only thing i can do, just let go the incident. I won't blame the client for being harsh to me, the client might in the rush, or not in the good mood, or is the client habit. Or it can be my fault by not being kind enough to her, and surely i have to brush up my direction ( road maps). I will just tell myself, " another new things to learn."


I always lucky to have a person to guide me in my daily life- my hubby. I don't know it is useful or not , i never try it before. But i will try it once i get a " Alarm Call " again, can't wait to try it.

  1. When we face this kind of "rude" people at the other side of phone, We can say,:" Hi, can you please speak politely to me. I can't get what you want when you shouting in the phone. " (I think this is the good one.)


  2. If the person still continue shouting at the phone, we can say," Sorry i can't hear you." and then we just hang up the phone.

May be this is very rude to the person, however the person is being rude to us too. If you speak politely to other, and the other party keep on shouting at you. Do you think it can work out? Do you think you can get what the person want? I doubt it, because when we receive that kind of phone, we will feel annoyed and sad. HOw to concentrate?


So, 1st step, tell the person politely," can you please talk politely and properly with me. I can't hear you when you shouting in the phone. If you still want to shout, i will hang up your phone. " If someone shouting at you, do you think you can grab what he going to tell you. May be you will ended up with a lot of question marks in your mind. " What did he/ she trying to tell me?".



To be continue....







No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter