Monday, October 26, 2009

Want to change the world?

I have a very bad habit... I like to use the word- " stupid". The word automatically will come out from my mouth whatever i try to comment something. The worst thing is - i don't even realize i use this word so frequent until my spouse remind me.

Something that is important that we always forget - My husband remind me. One day, our children will follow your footstep and say everything is - " stupid". It was an ironic statement for me. Almost everything that i dislike it, i will put the "stupid" word on it. It doesn't matter what i am talking about, i will just say it. It become so automatically and naturally. He was right that children will imitate the parent behavior and speech because parent are the role model for the children in their early childhood. He gave me some example that the child may use.

"Mommy, the uncle so "stupid" digging the nose in the car."

"Daddy, mommy so "stupid" ..."

We burst into laughter after we thought of many examples our child may use in the future. It is true that I still follow some of my parent habits. It is so difficult to correct it because the habits are unnoticeable. It show me that my parent really influence me a lot during my childhood. We must be very careful and aware when we behave ourselves in front our children. We can say it but don't make it as a habit.

Just imagine that when our children at school, the teacher ask the student to make a comment. Our children will just answer with " stupid" spontaneously. How can parent expect children to change if we are the one who started it and using it? It is like the father who is a smoker asking the son quit smoking. So, we better change all the bad habits before we have children. If we want our children to be a good person, first of all we must start to change ourselves. We can't change other people. We only can change ourselves or change our mindset of thinking.

It is the same thing if we apply in our friends and family. We always wanted to change our family and friends and think it is the best for them. The reality is - we can't change anyone except we change ourselves first. Everyone is unique. It is very hard to change the habits because the implant in us since we are young or since past life. We cannot force people to change but we can try to change ourselves once we aware that we have bad habits or change our mindset to view the world in different angle. No one is perfect in this world, that is why the world is beautiful.

" Want to change the world?
first, change yourself."


No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter