Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How to spend time wisely?

Everyday we are worry; worry about the family, financial, works, study, exam, interview...long list of worries. Why worry?

We had being gone through so many exam. Kindergarten, primary and secondary school, college, university, daily life and so on. Until now, every time before I sit for my exam, I am still worry. Not only exam, interview for a job, attending meeting all this cause me a lot of worries and thinking.

Finally I found out that we actually spend most of the lifetime in worrying and didn't spend it wisely. I spend most of my time in worrying before i sit for my exam. The most unforgettable was during my university time.

This was the first time i stayed at far away from my house, even just 1 hour journey from my house to uni. First in the lifetime stayed at hostel in uni; first time stayed with 2 room mates; First time had to be independent;A lot of first time staying at outside. All the while i was with my family, protecting and taking good care by them.

I had a lot worries during that time especially semester exam. We had 3 semester in a year, the last semester is the final exam. Evey time before the exam, i started to worry 2-3 months ago. My senior buddy told me, we must prepare our exam 2 months ago if just wanted to pass. However, if we want high score, must revise earlier than that. Sure, i am the type of people will get worry and only study when the exam time near the corner.

Everyday, i will worry that i can't pass the exam.

Worry that i had didn't study enough, didn't study the important points.

Worry can't score high grade.

Worry go for VIVA border. ( mean we are in the border line of the passing line, have to go for viva= like interview by the judges whether we can pass or fail)

Worry what I studied didn't come out in the exam.

So many worries before my exam, all my mind crowded with the worries, anxious and nervous. Most headache part was when the exam near the corner, i always feel very sleepy, tired and sleep most of the time. I also easily get sick during exam time.

One day, i realized that i use most of the time in worrying this and that. At the end, i didn't really complete a task. I kept on worry until i didn't have enough time to study. All the things i worried always turned out to be different that i worried. I always worried that i will fail my exam until can't sleep, eat well. But i always passed my exam, the worst just sit for the exam again. It is not end of the world for me.

Before i start to worry next time, i will ask myself 2 question:
1) What is the percentage if i will fail my exam?
According the history, percentage of failed in the exam was very low.

2) What is the worst thing if i fail my exam?
The worst thing will happen to me is to sit again the exam or repeat one year.
It is still not the end of world.

If i had make the worst assumption, that mean I accept the " consequence of failing the exam". So, why worry? I should spend my time wisely by planning my study schedule, or have a study group. This is better than worrying nothing.

When is the most important time?

The most important time is - NOW



No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter