Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aim Height or High?

When I was in standard 4, I was the 2nd shortest girls in the class. I rather wished i scored 2nd place in the class but not the "height". I still remembered I only have 150cm that year. So, i had a "AIMED HEIGHT" plan.

Both of my parents are around 160cm. My eldest brother is the highest with 169cm and was a basketball school representative. I still had the change to gain " height" according to my parents " gene".

I started my initial plan by joining sport activities. I know sport can help me to gain " height". So, I participated in the Netball team and became the school representative. However the netball team was put off and Of course, I still didn't gain any " cm".

Then, i turned to join basketball team. There was slight improvement for my height after 3 years of playing sports. I gained 1 cm and still far away to 160cm. I stopped playing basketball and changed to focus on my study at standard 6 (UPSR). No aimed " height" plan; now, "aim high" in the exam.

My UPSR exam turned out quite well and i scored 4 "A" out of 6 subjects. These was my first time scoring well in my exam during primary school.When i was in secondary school ,I still never gave up in " aim height". I looked forward in volleyball during my secondary school. That time i already had 152cm. I hoped that the volleyball didn't disappointed me. After 2 years of hard worked in volleyball, my height still remained at 152cm. Maybe it will become my "lucky number".

Now i had 153cm and I had finished my university study. Do i still mind my " height?"
No, I found out all the while i was aimed for nothing. The "aim height" was not that important that " aim to be a better person for the world". Seriously, nobody competed and compared my height. Except that I need people to help me to reach the thing that higher than me. By the way, now i have ladder to assist me.

The important thing is- I must be content with my " height" and the things i have. All these years I had wasted to blame the "height" but I have learn to " count the blessing." I have a lot of blessing that i always forget like my parents still alive and taking good care of me; I have a chance to study till university; I have a healthy physical body and mind. What else that i still need to aim for?

When I start to be contented, I have nothing to blame and complaint. Because i have a lot of blessing. Everyone is being blessed, that is why we have the chance to come to this world. No "aim height" but " aim high" is still important. Aiming high is a factor that push us move forward. Just need to remember that, the process is more important than the result. Start from today, Be contented and count your blessing"


" Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belong to you."~~~ LAO TZU~~




how to save money be motivated by learning the basic

No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter