Tuesday, August 25, 2009

MOM, I LOVE U!

I born a in a middle class family. We have 3 siblings. I am the only daughter and most of the people will think i am the " pearl"( zhang shang ming zhu) in the family. No, we all wrong, my parent treat 3 of us equally.

My dad was an editor for a Chinese magazine and is the breadwinner of the family. My mom is the housewife. 3 of us spend most of the time with the mom because my dad was busy during weekend to look for new topic for the magazine.

We owned a car and a motorbike. Surely my dad drove the car and mom ride the motor. We took bus to school and some time mom will ride us in special occasion like tuition, other activities in the school.

As a housewife, mom cook everyday, do the house chores and taking good care of us. Sometime we will help our mom in household work and I realized that we did not appreciate our mom and dad. Parent daily work in the house is like a normal phenomenon.

I joined a lot of sports in my school day. When i was a volley ball representative at form 2, i needed to go back to school to practice at Saturday. My mom was the one who sent me. At one of the Saturday, the only vehicle (motor) broken down. At first me and mom planned to take bus but the bus facilities at our housing area not welly developed yet. Finally we had to walk to school. The walking distance from my house to school need 45minutes. Mom seldom exercise because she need to take care the family and the house. So, it was very difficult for her to walk so far. However, she never complaint. I did not realized that mom could not walk for so long and she will have difficult in breathing. We needed to take some break on the journey to my school because mom needed to take rest before continue.

After she dropped me at the school, she walked back alone to the house. These was the first time i looked at her back. ( Even though i stay with mom for so many year, but i seldom see it as what it is. I didn't really appreciate my parent. i felt so sorry. That is why i had such strong feeling when i looking at my mom back.)I felt so guilty, why i can't just cancel the practice? Why i always think about myself and never try to understand and care about my mom? She sacrifice so much for us, she hope the best for us. Why i can't sacrifice even once for my mom?

" mom, i am so sorry that i never appreciate your sacrifice. I will be a better person and a successful person in the future to make you happy, proud and no worry.


MOM, I LOVE YOU!"

The Buddha had said in the " Filial Piety Sutra", there are 10 types of kindness bestowed by the mother on the child:

  1. The kindness of providing protection and care while the child is in the womb.
  2. The kindness of bearing suffering during the birth.
  3. The kindness of forgetting all the pain once the child has been born.
  4. The kindness of eating the bitter herself and saving the sweet for the child.
  5. The kindness of moving the child to a dry place and lying in the wet herself.
  6. The kindness of suckling the child at her breast and nourishing and bringing up the child.
  7. The kindness of washing away the unclean.
  8. The kindness of always thinking the child when it has traveled far.
  9. The kindness of deep care and devotion.
  10. The kindness of ultimate pity and sympathy.

No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter