Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Judging A Person

" Don't judge a book by it's cover"


When I was in school time, we like to sit together and had a chit-chat. None of us like to talk about ourselves, most of the topics were about other people stories. We can called it in a nice way " pillow- talk". But it seem like was "gossiping" and I felt like I was such a "busy body".

We always focus about their "love story" and "annoying attitudes". I could recalled back once we all talked bad about a girl. They said she acted nice to friend and tried to took advantages from other people. Seriously, i had never be with her, however, I seem to dislike her after the conversation.

S omehow, i had a chance to work with her in a charitable project. I refused to friend with her because of the story i heard. Moreover, I had a bad thought that she just wanted to show people how kind she was by joining the charity work.

After few weeks we cooperated, I found out that she was not as bad as what we had talked before. We had to go to the orphanage house every Thursday to teach them after finished school according to roster . Every time, any one of us absence because of sick or some reasons. She just volunteered to replace us. She was very kind and caring to the children. Once I saw her cried after she scolded a boy because of being rude and naughty. Then she told me she from a single family,she knew how a child will be without parents. So, she hope the children will be educated well and become a better person. Then only I realized that what we had talked was wrong and had prejudgment. We must filtered everything that we heard before then only come to a conclusion about the person.

My partner always said I had prejudgment because I never like any movie based on "Hero" like " spider man". One day, he dragged to me to watch with a movie which I categorized as " BORING". I found out that the story was not bad after all in fact it was interesting.

So, I learned that we should not have prejudgment before we do anythings. Do not penalize a person as if he look unreliable or don't penalize a person if he had bad reputation. The most important is -------- investigate before we make any conclusion.

No comments:

 
Custom Search

Free Blog Counter